KCBA Principal Serves on Governor’s School Safety Committee
Michael Kelly, AIA, LEED AP, Principal…
Master Plan and Design of New Church Campus
This parish was founded by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia in 2000 to serve a growing area of central Bucks County, Pennsylvania. KCBA was commissioned to provide master planning and architectural services to establish a home for the new parish on a previously undeveloped site. The master plan encompassed a new church, chapel, parish center, education center, and rectory. The first phase – which included the new 1200-seat church, chapel, and parish offices – was completed in 2011. The church features a cruciform-shaped floor plan and roof plan and heavy utilization of natural wood materials which helps establish a warm, inviting, and inspirational worship space. Roof decking was constructed from southern yellow pine and custom millwork pieces were fabricated from mahogany including the pews, altar pieces, and confessionals. KCBA and the parish also collaborated with local artisans and sculptors to develop custom liturgical elements and integrate them into the design.