This new 177,000 sq. ft., 1000-student school replaced an outdated and overcapacity junior high school and enabled a district-wide grade realignment. The interior configuration was carefully arranged so that corridors, classrooms, and other program spaces receive abundant natural light and offer views to the surrounding rolling rural landscape. The building is anchored by two primary organizing elements – the library at the front and cafeteria at the rear – that establish a dynamic, contemporary identity for the building through a mix of glass and brick materials. Other highlights include a flexible active learning center at the main landing to the 2nd floor, a landscaped educational courtyard that welcomes natural light into surrounding classrooms, and a nature trail woven throughout the campus including along an onsite creek. The campus also features a large athletic and recreational complex capable of accommodating heavy community use including a football/soccer stadium with track, tennis courts, softball field, baseball field, and two multi-purpose fields.